I really love Alyse Wide Leg Pant pattern made by Designer Stitch. I made several versions and here is the latest version I came up with.
For this relaxed version, I used blue stretch denim from The Fabclique Fabric Shoppe. It is perfect for creating the latest trending looks in jeans, jackets, skirts, and children’s apparel. It has 2 way stretch/25% stretch from selvage to selvage. Lightweight denim that contains 96%cotton and 4%spandex.
It has very good stretch; I would go ahead and down one size my body measurement if I want them fitted. But this will be my relaxed ones and no need to down side the pattern.
Without further ado, let’s talk about the tweaks I made for this project.
1. Add 2 inches on front/back leg and pocket pattern pieces . (You can also see how short my leg pattern pieces are.)
2. Follow the instruction given by DS. ( steps 1-8)
3. Tweak parts: (I used multipurpose zippers for this version. Use invisible zippers if you want to.) Install the zippers.
4. Attach the waist band ( no facing/interfacing).
5. Fold about 1.5cm like so.
6. Fold again and top stitch it. ( I hand stitched the inner side of my waist band.)
7. Serge each leg. ( I used black thread for you to see it clearly.)
8. Fold each leg , pin and baste to make sure they stay folded while working on the side tabs .
10. Cut 2 strips (1.5cm x 8.25inches) and make side tabs like so. The picture are pretty much self explanatory.
13. I used hook skirt hook and eye closure for my waist band.
14. (I didn’t want those visible stitches on leg folds.) I went ahead and hand stitched those pinned areas.
That’s how I made them.
Here is my finished project.
There might be some odd methods or strange things I did but that’s totally fine to me. Anyway, I’m not a professional seamstress/dressmaker, I’m licensed to commit mistakes.
I hope this post helps. Thanks for visiting and reading my blog.